Example of an Application Letter for Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Customer Service Jobs
- ')" data-event="social share" data-info="Pinterest" aria-label="Share on Pinterest">
- ')" data-event="social share" data-info="Reddit" aria-label="Share on Reddit">
- ')" data-event="social share" data-info="Flipboard" aria-label="Share on Flipboard">
How to Set Up an Interview Letter
How many people do i send thank you letters to after an interview, what to say at a receptionist interview.
- Answers to Nail an Interview for a Waitress
- How to Prepare for an Interview at an Upscale Restaurant
Applying for a job in hotel or restaurant management requires a personable nature, attention to detail and the ability to project confidence. The letter you draft in conjunction with your job application should demonstrate that you're articulate, knowledgeable and have the ability to be engaging with customers and staff.
The opening of your letter should both introduce you and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the potential of working with the hotel or restaurant. You want to sound knowledgeable and genuine in your approach. Example:
I'm delighted to submit my application for the role of manager of the Elegant Hotel Company. My family has been a patron of this wonderful establishment for more than 30 years, and I'm enamored at the prospect of building on the legacy and reputation of a business I have such fond personal memories of.
Outline Your Qualifications
While you should lead with and emphasize your specific experience in the hotel or restaurant management industries, other areas to focus on include customer service, employee and vendor relations and event planning. Example:
In addition to the eight years I spent managing The Fine Dining restaurant in New York City, I also have substantial experience in catering and event planning, having worked my way through college for a major convention planning company. I pride myself on providing exceptional degrees of customer service, and I place high value on creating the best possible working relationships with my staffers.
If you have specific education, experience or training related to the industry, make note of that as well. This is especially important if the job description asks for specific skill sets.
Showcase Your Personality
Hotel and restaurant hospitality is all about creating a memorable experience for customers, so make sure your application letter showcases your personality. Example:
I’m a big believer in creating enjoyable experiences for every guest. It’s my job to ensure every person not only has everything they want or need during their stay, I want them to feel catered to and appreciated. This attitude is something I try to weave through every element of my management role.
Conclude your letter by referencing any attachments, such as resume, letters of recommendation or even industry awards you won yourself or on behalf of previous employers. Finish with a call to action, such as requesting an interview or noting some other type of next step. Example:
Attached, please find my resume, a copy of the International Hotel Association Customer Service Excellence award I received in 2016 and three letters of recommendation from past employers. If you feel I'm a good fit for this position, I'd love the chance to meet in person and learn more about this exciting opportunity.
- Le Cordon Bleu Paris: Working as a Manager in a Hospitality Establishment
- Cornell University: Hotel School: 5 Essential Skills of Successful Hotel General Managers
Lisa McQuerrey has been an award-winning writer and author for more than 25 years. She specializes in business, finance, workplace/career and education. Publications she’s written for include Southwest Exchange and InBusiness Las Vegas.
How to write a simple application cover letter, how to write a sample letter accepting an interview opportunity, how to prepare a resume for hotel & restaurant management, restaurant job qualifications resume, how to write a generic cover letter for multiple purposes, how to make a good application letter, how to make a restaurant position look professional on a resume, what do you say at a restaurant interview if they ask you why would you like to work here, how to write business letters to get jobs, most popular.
- 1 How to Write a Simple Application Cover Letter
- 2 How to Write a Sample Letter Accepting an Interview Opportunity
- 3 How to Prepare a Resume for Hotel & Restaurant Management
- 4 Restaurant Job Qualifications Resume
- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- EDIT Edit this Article
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes Hot
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Job Application Documents
- Cover Letters
How to Write a Hospitality Cover Letter (with Examples)
Last Updated: November 6, 2023 Fact Checked
Hotel Cover Letter Template
Researching the position for the cover letter, starting the letter, completing the body of the letter, closing the letter.
This article was co-authored by Melody Godfred, JD . Melody Godfred is a Career Coach, Entrepreneur, and Founder of Write In Color, a full-service resume and career development company that specializes in developing compelling personal narratives and brands. With over ten years of experience, Melody has worked with clients at entertainment and media companies including Apple, Disney, Fox, Netflix, Riot Games, Viacom, and Warner Bros, among others. The Muse invited Melody and Write In Color to serve as one of its 30 trusted career counselors (out of 3,000) to provide one-on-one coaching and resume services to the platform's more than four million active users. Melody earned a JD from Loyola Marymount University and BS from the University of Southern California. There are 10 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. This article has been fact-checked, ensuring the accuracy of any cited facts and confirming the authority of its sources. This article has been viewed 117,269 times.
If you love to help people feel at home, a job in hospitality just might be for you. Before you interview, it's essential to draft a great cover letter that shows off your skills and what you'll bring to the job. We'll help you write one that'll catch any hotel employer's eye, from researching the hotel to opening and closing your letter.
Things You Should Know
- Start your letter with your contact information. Then, introduce yourself and say why you want to work at the hotel.
- Include any relevant skills or experience from your resume in your cover letter, emphasizing those found in the job description.
- Close the letter by thanking the hiring staff for their time, and reiterating your enthusiasm for the position.
- What the hotel will require will vary by position. For instance, if you're at the front desk, you'll need good people skills, as well as good organizations skills. If you're in housekeeping, you'll need good time management skills.
- Another way you can research the hotel is to walk around the hotel. Try to observe the employees in the department you'll be working and watch how they interact with each other. Pay attention to what the environment is like. Is it relaxed? Frantic? Take mental notes for later.  X Research source
- For example, maybe you've noted the hotel has a relaxed culture and that most employees enjoy having lunch together. That hotel is probably looking for someone who works well with others and can enjoy the company of coworkers.
- Your date should look like the following example: December 3, 2015
- As an example, you could write, "My name is Joe Jeffries, and I heard about this front desk position on Indeed.com. I'm excited to be applying for it, as I have read how much Rattle Hotels values customer service and I am a people-person who loves putting the customer first."
- This paragraph, as well as the last paragraph, are good places to include bits of information connected to what you found out about the culture. For instance, if you noticed that the people working at the hotel are close-knit, you could write, "I can see your hotel values its employees, as well, and I look forward to working with this great group of people."
- For instance, maybe you've noted that one of the required skills is interpersonal skills. You could write, "In the past, I've worked with many different types of people at a variety of retail jobs, which helped to develop my interpersonal skills. I learned to stay calm when dealing with stressful situations by taking a deep breath and thinking about the best possible solution to the problem, which I think will be a huge asset when working the front desk at Rattle Hotel."
- As an example, you could write, "I have noticed that you encourage a professional culture, and my experience as a front desk clerk in Regalia Hotels has given me the needed experience to be the professional you need at the front desk. I would be a good fit for your hotel, and I request that you give me the chance to prove that in person at an interview."
- You can use other closings, such as "Thank you," or "Yours truly," to end your letter instead.
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/resumes-cover-letters/how-to-make-a-resume-with-examples
- ↑ Melody Godfred, JD. Career Coach. Expert Interview. April 19 2020.
- ↑ http://www.forbes.com/sites/dailymuse/2014/01/09/how-to-show-you-get-the-company-culture-in-your-cover-letter/
- ↑ https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/types-of-work-environments
- ↑ https://www.training.com.au/ed/hospitality-cover-letter-example/
- ↑ https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/resumes-cover-letters/hospitality-cover-letter
- ↑ https://www.youthcentral.vic.gov.au/jobs-and-careers/applying-for-a-job/what-is-a-cover-letter/how-to-write-a-cover-letter
- ↑ https://www.grammarly.com/blog/how-to-end-a-letter/
About This Article
When writing a cover letter for a hotel job, make yourself stand out by researching the position and connecting your skills to the job description. Read the job description carefully and highlight the keywords, such as “self-starter,” “enthusiastic,” and “hard worker.” Then, research the hotel by looking at their website, mission statement, and any recent news stories about them. After you’ve done your research, start your cover letter by writing your header with your current contact information. Open your letter with an introduction that explains why you’re interested in the hotel and what you know about it. In the body of the letter, explain what skills you have and why you’d be a good match for the position. Include some of the keywords from the job posting as well to stress your compatibility. Conclude your letter by summarizing why you’re a good fit for the job and expressing your desire for an interview. To learn how to format your cover letter, keep reading! Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors
Did this article help you?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
wikiHow Tech Help Pro:
Develop the tech skills you need for work and life
Privacy preference center
We care about your privacy
But what exactly are cookies? Cookies are small bits of information which get stored on your computer. This information usually isn’t enough to directly identify you, but it allows us to deliver a page tailored to your particular needs and preferences.
Because we really care about your right to privacy, we give you a lot of control over which cookies we use in your sessions. Click on the different category headings on the left to find out more, and change our default settings.
However, remember that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of our website. Finally, note that we’ll need to use a cookie to remember your cookie preferences.
Without these cookies our website wouldn’t function and they cannot be switched off. We need them to provide services that you’ve asked for.
Want an example? We use these cookies when you sign in to Kickresume. We also use them to remember things you’ve already done, like text you’ve entered into a registration form so it’ll be there when you go back to the page in the same session.
Thanks to these cookies, we can count visits and traffic sources to our pages. This allows us to measure and improve the performance of our website and provide you with content you’ll find interesting.
Performance cookies let us see which pages are the most and least popular, and how you and other visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated (it’s a statistic) and therefore completely anonymous. If you don’t let us use these cookies, you’ll leave us in the dark a bit, as we won’t be able to give you the content you may like.
We use these cookies to uniquely identify your browser and internet device. Thanks to them, we and our partners can build a profile of your interests, and target you with discounts to our service and specialized content.
On the other hand, these cookies allow some companies target you with advertising on other sites. This is to provide you with advertising that you might find interesting, rather than with a series of irrelevant ads you don’t care about.
Hotel Manager Cover Letter Samples & Examples That Worked in 2023
The ultimate guide to writing a hotel manager cover letter
Hotels can be hectic environments to work in and require talented hotel managers to keep them well-organized and operating smoothly. To earn your ideal position as a hotel manager, you need to write a compelling cover letter that convinces employers you are the best fit for the job.
In this guide, we will teach you everything you need to know about writing a cover letter as a hotel manager. Keep reading to learn how to:
- Give your hotel manager cover letter structure with a header & headline
- Personalize your hotel manager cover letter for a specific company
- Craft an attention-grabbing hotel manager cover letter introduction
- Highlight your best skills & accomplishments as a hotel manager
- Finish your hotel manager cover letter with a persuasive conclusion
1. Give your hotel manager cover letter structure with a header & headline
The very first thing on your cover letter writing to-do list as a hotel manager is to give your letter structure . To accomplish this, you need to create a header and headline.
Your cover letter header holds vital information, such as:
- Your name and professional title
- Your professional contact information
- The name of the hotel & department you are applying to
- The hotel’s address
Here is an example of a well-formatted hotel manager header
Mary Mills , Hotel Manager
(123) 456-7890 | [email protected] | linkedin.com/in/mary-mills
To: Quality Inn Hotels Management Department 1234 Street Address Savannah, GA, 31302
Next up, you will write an engaging cover letter headline that attracts the employer’s attention . This headline should include a keyword related to the position, an eye-catching number or trigger word , a powerful adjective or verb, and a promise to the employer that the letter is specifically for them.
Here is an example of a well-written hotel manager headline
My Efficient Hotel Management Style & How It Can Satisfy and Delight Your Guests
Trigger Word/Number: My Management Style Keyword: Hotel Management Adjective/Verb: Efficient, Satisfy, Delight Promise: Your Guests
Still looking for a job? These 100+ resources will tell you everything you need to get hired fast.
2. Personalize your hotel manager cover letter for a specific company
To make your hotel manager as compelling as possible to employers, you need to personalize both the content and greeting for the specific employer you are sending it to. This will require you to research the company beforehand , looking for key details such as:
- What the hotel looks for and values in employees
- What guests like and dislike about the current management of the hotel
- The specific person who will review your cover letter
This last detail is what you will use to create a personalized greeting that addresses this specific person by name, showing that you have done your due diligence.
Here are 3 examples of personalized cover letter greetings
- Dear Hotel Supervisor John Doe,
Dear Supervisor John Doe,
- Dear Mr. John Doe,
Find out your resume score!
3. Craft an attention-grabbing hotel manager cover letter introduction
To really grasp the attention of an employer , you need to write an impressive introduction that includes vital information, such as:
- A concise summary of your professional history (years of experience, specializations, etc.)
- A statement on why you are enthusiastic about applying to this company
- A mutual acquaintance (when possible)
Pro Tip: Always include a mutual acquaintance when possible, as this builds rapport and trust with the employer. To gain more mutual acquaintances that you can reference in future job applications, use LinkedIn to expand your professional network.
Here is an example of an effective hotel manager cover letter introduction
I am a seasoned hotel manager with 8+ years of experience working in 5-star, luxury establishments. As a long-time admirer of your hotel’s commitment to creating unique guest experiences, I was delighted to hear about this opening. I am acquainted with your hotel’s head of hospitality – Ms. Jane Green – who recommended I apply.
4. Highlight your best skills & accomplishments as a hotel manager
With your introduction in place, your next task is to write the body paragraphs of your cover letter. You should aim to include between 2 to 4 body paragraphs that offer insights into your best skills and accomplishments as a hotel manager.
As you describe these qualifications, remember that the information you include should be:
- Relevant to the position you are applying to
- Contextualized with information such as your responsibilities within a previous role
- Quantifiable with verifiable facts, data, and statistics that make the information more valuable and insightful to employers
Here are 6 hotel management skills that are excellent to describe in a cover letter
- Strong leadership style for managing hotel staff
- Excellent customer communication and service
- Proficiency in creating staff and maintenance schedules
- Budgeting and financial management
- Knowledge of hotel safety practices
- Event planning and coordination
Here is an example of how to describe an accomplishment in a hotel manager cover letter
As a hotel manager at [Former Employer], I helped raise the hotel’s overall bookings by 30% by sourcing a new marketing firm for the hotel to partner with. Additionally, I planned more than 30 events at the hotel, leading to more than 500 guests attending the events and a 15% increase in overall hotel revenue.
5. Finish your hotel manager cover letter with a persuasive conclusion
To conclude your hotel manager cover letter , you need a strong closing statement that persuades the employer to contact you for an interview.
This closing statement should include:
- An enthusiastic sentence saying you are looking forward to hearing from them
- An additional sentence stating you will follow up, including how you will contact them or how they can contact you
- A formal sign-off
Here is an example of a persuasive conclusion from a hotel manager's cover letter
As your new hotel manager, I am confident I can help you attract more guests and maintain a beautiful and welcoming space. I would love to speak directly within the next week and am best reached at (123) 456-7890 on weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. I plan to reach back out next Monday in regards to my application if I have not yet heard back.
If you have ever wondered how a cover letter differs from a resume, this article will tell you everything about the key differences between the two .
Martin is a resume expert and career advice writer at Kickresume. In his five years at Kickresume, he has written hundreds of in-depth, painstakingly researched resume advice articles and, as chief editor, he has also edited and revised every single article on this website. Tens of thousands of job seekers read Martin’s resume advice every month. He holds a degree in English from the University of St Andrews and a degree in Comparative Literature from the University of Amsterdam .
All hospitality cover letter examples
- Food Preparation
- Restaurant Manager
All hotel manager cover letter examples
Related hotel manager resume examples.
Let your resume do the work.
Join 3,600,000 job seekers worldwide and get hired faster with your best resume yet.
- South Africa
How to Write An Application Letter for a Hotel Job in Nigeria
Hotel jobs are one of the most available jobs in Nigeria because in some cases job candidates are asked to apply within. You may need to learn how to write an application letter when you are searching for a hotel job in Nigeria.
Even if hotel jobs appear to be one of the most available jobs in Nigeria, employers still look forward to hiring skilled hotel workers. When it comes to getting a job in a hotel, your skills play a huge in determining whether or not you will get the job.
Regardless of the role you are applying for, there are certain skills that a hotel worker is expected to possess to efficiently deliver great services to customers. When it comes to getting a good job, hard skills are important, but soft skills make a lot of difference.
If you are looking to land a good hotel job, then you must reflect these soft skills in your application letter:
- Communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Show confidence when attending to customers.
- You need to have a great sense of accommodation.
Asides from having a great personality and the soft skills that you possess; your experience is also important when applying for a hotel job. Employers want to hire job candidates that have experience in the job and the hotel business in general.
When you are writing your application letter for a hotel job in Nigeria, do well to include skills (soft and hard skills) and experience that makes you the best person for the job.
Writing an application letter allows you to convince the employer that you are the best person for the job.
Before we go on to show you how to write an application letter for a hotel job in Nigeria, let us understand the meaning of an application letter.
Are you looking to get a security job? Learn how to write an application letter for a security job in Nigeria.
What is an Application Letter?
An application letter is a formal document that is sent from a job candidate to an employer in response to a job vacancy posted by the employer. The application letter is usually sent alongside other documents like; educational certificates and credentials.
An application letter sometimes functions as a cover letter, but they are different. The application letter is also referred to as a letter of intent because this is where the job applicant makes his/her intentions known to the employer.
A cover letter on the other hand fully introduces the job candidates to the employer, and it is usually accompanied by the CV. The goal of the cover letter is to make the employer read the CV.
An application letter can stand alone, unlike a cover letter.
Since we understand what an application letter is, let us now look at how you can write a good application letter that will land you a hotel job in Nigeria.
a. Introduce yourself
When you are writing an application letter for a hotel job in Nigeria, you have to begin by introducing yourself. You have to introduce yourself in such a way that shows that you are passionate and enthusiastic about the job.
Recruiters and employers look forward to hiring job candidates that are passionate about what they do and are also enthusiastic about the company. In the opening paragraph of your application letter, you want to show that you have good knowledge about the company.
“I was excited when I saw the job opening for a hotel manager in ABC group of companies…”
b. Outline your qualifications
While it is good for you to include your experience in hotel jobs in your application letter, you should also talk about the qualifications that make you the best person for the job.
“In addition to the 3 years I spent managing a hotel in Lagos, I also have substantial experience in catering and event planning…”
c. Showcase your personality
When you are looking to get a hotel job, your personality matters a lot. Working in a hotel is about creating a memorable experience for customers.
Try to include your personality or make your personality reflect in your application letter.
“I am an advocate for creating a home-away-from-home experience for every guest that works into the hotel. I must ensure that customers don’t just get what they want, but they keep remembering the company because of how well they were catered for…”
These tips will guide you in knowing exactly what to write in your application letter. Now, let us talk about the structure of your application letter.
Structure of an Application Letter for a Hotel Job in Nigeria
We have looked at how you can write an application letter for a hotel job in Nigeria. Now we will look at the structure of your application letter for a hotel job. Your application letter should follow this structure:
Date and contact information
When you are writing your application letter for a security job in Nigeria, you must add your contact information and date at the top of your letter.
Usually, your contact information should be at the top right corner of the letter, and that of the company should be at the top left corner of the letter. It is also good that you add a date at the end of the contact information.
Before you start writing about your skills and qualifications in the body of your letter, you should, first of all, greet the person that you are addressing in the letter. You can greet the receiver professionally by adding MR/MRS to their last name.
State your purpose for writing the letter
After greeting the receiver professionally, you can go ahead to state your purpose of writing the letter. Simply state that you want to apply for a job as a security officer (depending on the title of the role) in their company.
The first paragraph of your letter
After you have stated the purpose of your letter, you can go ahead to explain what makes you think you are the best person for the position.
The second paragraph of your letter
In the second paragraph of your application letter, you start providing details about your experience working as a security officer and some relevant training and certifications that may contribute to the strengthening of the company’s security.
The third paragraph of your application letter
In the third paragraph of your application letter, you go on to elaborate on the skills, certifications and training that makes you the best job candidate for the role.
The fourth paragraph of your application letter
In the fourth paragraph of your application letter, you should inform the employer that you are looking forward to being interviewed. You can also indicate how you intend to follow up on the letter and after how long if you do not get a response.
The last sentence in your application letter
In the last sentence of your application letter, you should thank the reader for taking out time to consider your application.
Application Letter Example for a Hotel Job in Nigeria
089 (0000) (000)
23 Rogers Lane,
26th January 2022.
Head Teacher/School Administrator,
Great Height International School.
Dear MRS Susan,
APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF A HOTEL WORKER
I am writing this application letter in response to the open position of a hotel worker in ABC Hotels. I was excited when I saw the job opening for a hotel manager in ABC group of companies
I am a second-class graduate of the College of Education Lagos; where I studied Hotel management and human relationships. I have over 2 years of experience working in the hospitality industry.
I have experience in both customer management and hotel environment. At the beginning of my career, I worked as a customer service executive. My experience in customer service and hotel management makes me a good candidate for this job.
I am an advocate for creating a home-away-from-home experience for every guest that works into the hotel. I must ensure that customers don’t just get what they want, but they keep remembering the company because of how well they were catered for.
I look forward to combining my years of experience with my ability to be a compassionate, passionate, and enthusiastic hotel worker who will make a positive contribution to your hotel as well as leave a lasting impression on your customers.
I appreciate your consideration for the role, and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding the position. I am happy to answer any additional questions you may have.
Writing an attention-grabbing application letter is easy if you follow the right steps. Paying attention to the tips that we shared with you, and using our application letter example is sure to help you write a good application letter for a hotel job in Nigeria.
This was so helpful, thank you so much
Leave a Comment
- Jobs That Will Likely Be Replaced By AI
- The Most In-Demand Jobs in Nigeria Right Now
- 2023 Job Search Report by MyJobMag
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs
- Nursing Student Resume: Tips and Examples On How to Create One
- Best CV Format For Freshers or Your First Job (+ Free Template)
- 100+ Power Words To Make Your Resume Stand Out
- #Cover Letter Writing
- Top 100 Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Top Skills Employers Want in 2023
- How to Select a Suitable Recruitment Agency in Nigeria
- 100 Job Search Mistakes to Avoid in 2022
- Top Categories
- Interview Tips
- Job Hunting
- Career Development
- Career Videos
application letter sample for ojt in hotel
If you are a hospitality student looking for an on-the-job training (OJT) program in a hotel, you will need to write a compelling application letter to stand out from other candidates. In this article, we will provide you with seven examples of application letter samples for OJT in a hotel, along with related tips and frequently asked questions.
As a hospitality student, you know that writing an effective application letter is crucial for landing an OJT program in a hotel. Here are some application letter sample for OJT in hotel that you can use as a reference. You can find more examples online and customize them to fit your needs.
Example 1: Enthusiastic Applicant
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am writing to express my interest in the OJT program at your hotel. As a hospitality student, I am eager to apply my skills and knowledge in a real-world setting. I am a hardworking and enthusiastic individual who is excited to learn from experienced professionals in the industry. During my studies, I have gained valuable experience in customer service, event planning, and management. I believe that your hotel will provide me with the opportunity to further develop my skills and grow as a professional.
Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Example 2: Detail-Oriented Applicant
I am writing to apply for the OJT program in your hotel. As a detail-oriented hospitality student, I am confident that I possess the skills and qualities that are necessary to succeed in this role. I have a strong work ethic and am committed to providing exceptional customer service to guests. During my studies, I have gained experience in front-of-house operations, housekeeping, and food service. I am eager to learn more about the hospitality industry and contribute to your hotel’s success.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Example 3: Team Player Applicant
I am excited to apply for the OJT program at your hotel. As a hospitality student, I understand the importance of teamwork in delivering exceptional guest experiences. I am a team player who is eager to work alongside experienced professionals to learn more about the industry. During my studies, I have gained experience in various departments, including food service, front-of-house operations, and events. I am confident that my skills and work ethic align with the values of your hotel.
Example 4: Friendly Applicant
I am writing to express my interest in the OJT program at your hotel. As a hospitality student, I am committed to providing friendly and welcoming service to guests. I am a quick learner who is eager to gain hands-on experience in the industry. During my studies, I have gained experience in customer service, housekeeping, and events. I am excited to apply my skills in a real-world setting and contribute to your hotel’s success.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Example 5: Organized Applicant
I am writing to apply for the OJT program in your hotel. As an organized and detail-oriented hospitality student, I am confident that I possess the skills and qualities that are necessary for this role. I am a problem solver who is committed to providing the highest level of service to guests. During my studies, I have gained experience in front-of-house operations, food service, and events. I am excited to contribute to your hotel’s success and learn from experienced professionals in the industry.
Example 6: Experienced Applicant
I am excited to apply for the OJT program at your hotel. As an experienced hospitality student, I have gained valuable knowledge and skills that I am eager to apply in a real-world setting. I am a hardworking and dedicated individual who is committed to providing exceptional service to guests. During my studies, I have gained experience in front-of-house operations, housekeeping, and events. I am confident that my skills and experience align with the values of your hotel.
Example 7: Passionate Applicant
I am writing to express my passion for the hospitality industry and my interest in the OJT program at your hotel. As a hospitality student, I am committed to providing exceptional service to guests and creating memorable experiences. I am a quick learner who is eager to gain hands-on experience in the industry. During my studies, I have gained experience in food service, front-of-house operations, and events. I am excited to apply my skills and passion in a real-world setting and contribute to your hotel’s success.
Tips for Writing an Application Letter for OJT in Hotel
Here are some tips to help you write an effective application letter for OJT in a hotel:
- Research the hotel’s culture, values, and mission statement, and tailor your application letter accordingly.
- Show your passion for the industry and commitment to providing exceptional service to guests.
- Highlight your relevant skills and experiences, and explain how they can contribute to the hotel’s success.
- Be concise and to the point, and avoid using jargon or technical terms.
- Edit and proofread your application letter carefully to avoid grammatical errors and typos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: what should i include in my application letter for ojt in a hotel.
A: Your application letter should include your name, contact information, the position you are applying for, and a brief introduction of yourself. You should also highlight your relevant skills and experiences, explain why you are interested in the OJT program, and express your enthusiasm for the hospitality industry.
Q: How long should my application letter be?
A: Your application letter should be one to two pages long, and should not exceed 500 words.
Q: Should I attach my resume to my application letter?
A: Yes, you should attach your resume to your application letter to provide additional information about your skills, experiences, and qualifications.
Q: How soon should I follow up after submitting my application letter?
A: You should follow up within one to two weeks after submitting your application letter to inquire about the status of your application.
Q: What should I wear to an OJT interview in a hotel?
A: You should dress professionally and conservatively for an OJT interview in a hotel. Men should wear a suit and tie, and women should wear a suit or a conservative dress.
Q: What questions should I ask during an OJT interview in a hotel?
A: You should ask questions about the hotel’s culture, values, and mission statement, as well as the duties and responsibilities of the OJT position. You should also ask about the training and mentoring programs available, and the opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Writing an application letter for OJT in a hotel can be challenging, but with the right tips and examples, you can create a compelling letter that showcases your skills, experiences, and passion for the hospitality industry. Remember to be concise, tailored, and enthusiastic, and to edit and proofread your letter carefully before submitting it. Good luck!
- application letter for hotel and restaurant management fresh graduate
- simple application letter for hotel job
- application letter for hotel and restaurant management examples
- application letter sample for a receptionist
- application letter sample for visa
- motivational letter for receptionist