Got any suggestions?
We want to hear from you! Send us a message and help improve Slidesgo
What are you going to use your presentation for?
I'm not sure
Free vectors, photos and PSD
Free customizable icons
Free online template editor
Free editable illustrations
Free videos and motion graphics
New! New! Make quick presentations with AI
Types of Natural Disasters Class
Types of natural disasters class presentation, free google slides theme and powerpoint template.
Natural disasters are an engrossing subject to discuss in class, and this template filled with colorful illustrations makes it even more interesting! With a range of material to cover the different types of disasters, it alternates blocks of text with splash of color and images that bring the subject matter to life. Whether you’re talking earthquakes, tornados, volcanic eruptions or any other natural catastrophe, you have everything you need to keep your students glued to your presentation.
Features of this template
- 100% editable and easy to modify
- 37 different slides to impress your audience
- Contains easy-to-edit graphics such as graphs, maps, tables, timelines and mockups
- Includes 500+ icons and Flaticon’s extension for customizing your slides
- Designed to be used in Google Slides and Microsoft PowerPoint
- 16:9 widescreen format suitable for all types of screens
- Includes information about fonts, colors, and credits of the resources used
How can I use the template?
Am I free to use the templates?
How to attribute?
This template can be combined with this other one to create the perfect presentation:
Related posts on our blog.
How to Add, Duplicate, Move, Delete or Hide Slides in Google Slides
How to Change Layouts in PowerPoint
How to Change the Slide Size in Google Slides
Unlock this template and gain unlimited access
- My presentations
Auth with social network:
We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Natural disasters presentation
Published by Eustacia Bishop Modified over 7 years ago
Presentation on theme: "Natural disasters presentation"— Presentation transcript:
Calhoun County Schools – Technology Integration Project 2005
What are Natural Disasters?
Catastrophic Event. An event that results from Earth processes and that can cause damage and endanger human life Weather Geologic –tornadoearthquake –hurricane.
Weather Emergencies and Natural Disasters In this lesson, you will Learn About… Different types of weather emergencies and natural disasters. Safety measures.
Weather Extreme Weather. Summary Thunderstorms Tornadoes Floods Droughts Hurricanes, Typhoons & Tropical Cyclones Blizzards.
NATURAL DISASTERS & Other Things You Need to Take Notes On.
Research Class notes Cause and Effect of Catastrophes.
Fast Changes Foldable Earth Science.
Natural Disasters around the world. What is a natural disaster? A natural disaster is the effect of a natural hazard. There are many different types,
Unit 4 Lesson 4 Severe Weather and Weather Safety
JH-KEADLE Catastrophic Events.
Volcanoes A volcano is a mountain that opens downward to a pool of molten rock below the surface of the earth. When pressure builds up, eruptions occur.
Severe Weather. Thunderstorms Small intense systems that can produce strong winds, rain, lightning and thunder. Need 2 conditions –Air near surface needs.
Hurricanes Hurricanes form in the water. From space they look like a huge cloud with an eye in the middle. Only a few hurricanes made it to land, when.
Intro to WeatherIntro to Weather Clip Week 4 GLEs 6, 10, 17.
The Earth’s Atmosphere: Weather Related Phenomena SOL 6.6 Part 6.
Weather Joey Reitebach. Weather Weather is the day to day conditions of a place. Weather is the day to day conditions of a place.
COS: Identify ways to prepare for natural disasters in the United States. Examples: preparing for earthquakes by identifying structural needs of homes.
Unit 11 Lesson 4 Severe Weather and Weather Safety Copyright © Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Created on July 27, 2021
More creations to inspire you
History of the circus.
Spring has sprung, biden’s cabinet, vaccines & immunity, uncovering reality, las especies animales más amenazadas.
Discover more incredible creations here
What comes to your mind when you hear the term ‘natural disasters’?
10 Most DANGEROUS Natural Disasters!
Guess the words from their definitions
- a sudden shaking of the Earth’s surface that often causes a lot of damage
- to cause to fill or become covered with water, especially in a way that causes problems
- a sudden fall of a lot of earth or rocks down a hill, cliff etc
- unplanned burns in any natural environment, like a forest or a grassland
- a long period of time when there is little or no rain and crops die
- a powerful flash of light in the sky caused by electricity and usually followed by thunder
- a storm that has very strong fast winds and that moves over water
- happens when lava and gas are discharged from a volcanic vent.
- a very strong wind that goes quickly round in a circle or funnel
- a very large wave or series of waves caused when something such as an earthquake moves a large quantity of water in the sea
- Do you think natural disasters are happening more frequently in the world today?
- What’s the worst natural disaster in your opinion?
- Do you think the world should be more concerned about natural disasters?
- What are the worst natural disasters you can remember?
Discuss the questions:
5. What’s worse, natural disasters or manmade disasters?6. Would you move if you lived in a country where natural disasters were common?7. What was the last natural disaster you saw on the Interner or TV?
What can be done to prevent natural disasters? Make a list of disasters and possible preventive measures.