- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
How to Share Your Screen on Zoom in Just a Few Simple Steps
Sharing your screen on Zoom is an essential part of any virtual meeting. Whether you’re presenting a PowerPoint, demonstrating a product, or collaborating with your team, it’s important to know how to share your screen quickly and easily. Here’s how to do it in just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Select the Share Screen Button
The first step is to select the “Share Screen” button at the bottom of your Zoom window. This will open up a pop-up window that will allow you to select which screen or application you want to share. You can also choose whether you want to share audio or video from the same window.
Step 2: Choose What You Want to Share
Once you’ve selected the “Share Screen” button, you can choose what you want to share with your audience. You can choose from your entire desktop, a specific application window, or even just a portion of your screen. Once you’ve made your selection, click “Share” and your screen will be shared with everyone in the meeting.
Step 3: Adjust Your Settings
Once you’ve shared your screen, you can adjust the settings for how it is displayed. You can choose whether or not others can annotate on your shared screen and if they can control it. You can also choose whether or not others can see when you move your mouse around the screen and if they can hear any audio coming from it.
Sharing your screen on Zoom is an easy way to present information and collaborate with others during virtual meetings. By following these three simple steps, you can quickly and easily share your screen with everyone in the meeting in just a few minutes.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
Screen sharing a PowerPoint presentation
There are three methods you can use to screen share a PowerPoint presentation in a Zoom meeting. If you have dual monitors, you can share a slide show while viewing the presenter's notes on another monitor. If you have a single monitor, you can also start the slide show in a window so you have access to other meeting features while sharing your presentation.
If you have other participants presenting portions of the PowerPoint, you can give them slide control in Zoom, so that they can control the slideshow on their end, without needing to ask you to move the slides forward. Additionally, PowerPoint slides can be shared as a Virtual Background for a more immersive sharing experience.
This article covers:
Dual monitors with slide show and presenter's views
Single-monitor setup with slide show view in a window, single-monitor setup with slide show in full screen.
Follow these steps if you are using multiple monitors and want to present your PowerPoint in one monitor, while viewing the presenter's notes in another monitor.
- Open the PowerPoint file you want to present.
- Start or join a Zoom meeting.
- Select your primary monitor then click Share . If you are not sure which monitor is your primary, select the one that PowerPoint opens in.
- Switch back to Powerpoint and click the Slide Show tab.
Follow these steps if you have a single monitor and want to share your PowerPoint presentation in slide show view, but have it contained in a window rather than in full screen. This is useful if you need to access meeting features, such as in-meeting chat or managing participants, while sharing your PowerPoint presentation.
- Click the Slide Show tab and then select Set Up Slide Show .
- Under Show type , select Browsed by an individual (window) and then click OK .
- In Zoom, start or join a meeting .
- Select the PowerPoint window and then click Share .
Note : Be sure you select the PowerPoint window, not the entire screen. Sharing the PowerPoint window only will allow you to use other features without interrupting the view of the presentation.
- Select your monitor then click Share .
- Alert Carolina
- Outlook Web Access
- Software & Web Applications
Zoom: Share PowerPoint Presentation Slides While Using Presenter View on the Presenter Device
Sharing your presentation, alternate method (windows or mac).
This guide provides step-by-step instructions for how to wirelessly share PowerPoint presentation slides within a Zoom meeting while using presenter view on your laptop to access presenter notes.
This guide assumes that you already are hosting an active Zoom meeting on your laptop, have a PowerPoint presentation open, and you have no external displays connected.
- Zoom Support: Screen sharing a PowerPoint presentation
Zoom: Signing In to Your UNC Zoom Account in the Zoom App on Your Device
Technical Help EdIT
- Proceed based on your computer operating system:
- Go to Slide Show tab and click From Beginning or From Current Slide . The presentation slide will display full screen.
- Right-click on anywhere on the presentation slide and choose Show Presenter View . The presenter view for the presentation will display on your laptop screen and the full slide view will persist in the Zoom meeting room.
NOTE: This feature works inconsistently on the Mac. If you are unable to achieve the desired results following these steps, use the alternate method outlined below.
- Dr Hirschinger
- Office Info
- Facial Pain
- Sleep Apnea
How to Use Microsoft Powerpoint in Presenter View on a Zoom Videoconference and See Your Notes
Here are the eight easy steps to take to present a PowerPoint presentation in Zoom and view your notes but the audience will only be able to see the slides being presented.
1. Click Share Screen 2. Click Advanced 3. Click Portion of Screen 4. Click Share
5. Select PowerPoint to share. 6. Place PowerPoint in Presenter mode. 7. Place the top of the green bar over the top of the slide and align it with the left edge of the slide. 8. Grab the lower right corner of the frame and size the frame with the right edge and bottom of the slide. The audience will now only see what appears inside the green frame, which are your slides. They will not see your notes.