- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
PowerPoint vs Other Presentation Tools: Which is Right for You?
When it comes to creating impactful presentations, there are numerous tools available in the market. However, one of the most popular and widely used applications is Microsoft PowerPoint. While PowerPoint has been the go-to choice for many professionals and educators, it’s important to consider other presentation tools as well. In this article, we will compare PowerPoint with other presentation tools to help you decide which one is right for you.
PowerPoint: The Classic Choice
Microsoft PowerPoint has been around since 1987 and continues to dominate the presentation software market. It offers a wide range of features and functionalities that make it ideal for creating visually appealing slideshows. With its user-friendly interface, anyone can quickly learn how to use it effectively.
One of the key advantages of PowerPoint is its compatibility with various operating systems, including Windows and Mac. This means you can easily create presentations on one device and present them on another without any compatibility issues.
PowerPoint also provides a vast library of templates, themes, and design elements that allow users to create professional-looking presentations in no time. It offers a plethora of customization options, allowing you to tailor your slides according to your specific needs.
Prezi: The Dynamic Alternative
Prezi is a cloud-based presentation software that takes a different approach than traditional slide-based tools like PowerPoint. Instead of using slides, Prezi allows users to create dynamic presentations on a virtual canvas where they can zoom in and out and navigate through content freely.
This unique feature makes Prezi an excellent choice for storytelling or when you want to present information in a nonlinear format. It enables presenters to create engaging visuals that captivate their audience’s attention from start to finish.
Additionally, Prezi offers seamless collaboration features that allow multiple users to work on the same presentation simultaneously. This makes it an excellent choice for teams or individuals who need real-time collaboration capabilities.
Google Slides: The Collaborative Solution
Google Slides is a web-based presentation tool that is part of the Google Workspace suite. Similar to PowerPoint, it offers a range of features to create visually appealing presentations. Its intuitive interface and easy-to-use tools make it accessible to users of all skill levels.
One of the standout features of Google Slides is its collaborative capabilities. Multiple users can work on a presentation simultaneously, making it ideal for team projects or remote collaboration. It also allows for real-time commenting and editing, ensuring seamless communication among team members.
Another advantage of Google Slides is its integration with other Google Workspace apps such as Google Docs and Sheets. This integration allows users to import data directly from these apps, saving time and effort when creating presentations.
Keynote: The Mac-Friendly Option
If you are an Apple user, Keynote is the presentation software designed specifically for you. Keynote offers a sleek and modern interface with powerful tools that allow users to create stunning presentations effortlessly.
One of the key advantages of Keynote is its seamless integration with other Apple devices and software. You can easily create presentations on your Mac and present them using your iPhone or iPad without any compatibility issues.
Keynote also provides a wide selection of pre-designed templates that cater to various presentation styles. Additionally, it offers advanced animation and transition effects that can enhance the visual appeal of your slideshows.
Choosing the right presentation tool depends on your specific needs and preferences. PowerPoint remains a solid choice for its versatility, while Prezi offers a dynamic alternative for nonlinear storytelling. Google Slides excels in collaborative capabilities, especially for remote teams, while Keynote provides an excellent option for Apple users seeking seamless integration across devices.
Consider the features, ease-of-use, collaboration options, and platform compatibility when deciding which presentation tool suits you best. Ultimately, selecting the right tool will empower you to create impactful presentations that engage and impress your audience.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
An short PPT on types of basic protections employed in an power transformer.
Raunak Kumar , Yogesh Sahu
Emmanuel Romero Lima
400 KV GSS RRVPNL , Surpura , Jodhpur
chandra sekhar pala
Taofeeq O SA'AD
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
- Engineering & Technology
- Electrical Engineering
Presentation Transformer Protection
- Power protection
- power protection
Add this document to collection(s)
You can add this document to your study collection(s)
Add this document to saved
You can add this document to your saved list
Suggest us how to improve StudyLib
(For complaints, use another form )
Input it if you want to receive answer
transformer protection - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Transformer protection – powerpoint ppt presentation.
- PRESENTED BY
- ONKAR NATH RAI
- Platform Used
- Block Diagram
- Power Supply Section
- Micro Controller Section
- Functional Numeric Display(FND) Section
- Relay Section
- In this system, If the temp. rises upto first temp. limit then firstly FAN will automatically operated, if temp. is adequate then its ok but if it is not proper then WATERPUMP will be operated to maintain the temp. and if WATERPUMP unable to maintain to temp. then the transformer will go to half load condition. Afterwards if temp. becomes low then the transformer will resume its working as normal. There is a temperature sensor which is placed in a transformer whose temperature is to be controlled. Transformer during its operation gets heat up to prevent it from excess heat we developed this system. The temperature sensor senses the temperature and supplied the signal to controller which decide or analysis the temperature and compares it.
- The main aim of this project is save the transformer from burning. This is mainly done by the controlling the temperature of transformer . By analyzing the temperature, our system controls the temperature by running fan on the air to remove excess heat.
- Here we use a temperature sensor which can sense the temperature of the transformer ,on sensing temperature it will forward the measured temperature to the microcontroller which control the entire operation of controlling temperature.
- HARDWARE USED
- PIC microcontroller 16f72
- LM7805 Regulator
- Power Supply
- FND (functional numeric display)
- Light emitting diode(LED)
- Temperature sensor
- SOFTWARE USED
- MPLAB IDE v7.00
- Source code Editor
- RLMT Connector- It is a connector used to connect the step down transformer to the bridge rectifier.
- Bridge Rectifier- It is a full wave rectifier used to convert ac into dc , 9-15v ac made by transformer is converted into dc with the help of rectifier.
- Capacitor- It is an electrolytic capacitor of rating 1000M/35V used to remove the ripples. Capacitor is the component used to pass the ac and block the dc.
- Regulator- LM7805 is used to give a fixed 5v regulated supply.
- Capacitor- It is again an electrolytic capacitor 10M/65v used for filtering to give pure dc.
- Capacitor- It is an ceramic capacitor used to remove the spikes generated when frequency is high(spikes).
- So the output of supply section is 5v regulated dc.
- 5v supply- This 5v supply is required for the controller to get start which is provided from the power supply section.
- Crystal Oscillator- A crystal oscillator of 12 MHz is connected at pin no.19,x1 and pin no.18,x2 to generate the frequency for the controller. The crystal oscillator works on piezoelectric effect. The clock generated is used to determine the processing speed of the controller. Two capacitors are also connected one end with the oscillator while the other end is connected with the ground. As it is recommended in the book to connect two ceramic capacitor of 20 pf40pf to stabilize the clock generated.
- Reset section- It consists of an RC network consisting of 10M/35V capacitor and one resistance of 1k. This section is used to reset the controller .
- MICROCONTROLLER (PIC16F72)
- The basic criteria for choosing a microcontroller suitable for the application are
- 1) The first and foremost criterion is that it must meet the task at hand efficiently and cost effectively. In analyzing the needs of a microcontroller-based project, it is seen whether an 8- bit, 16-bit or 32-bit microcontroller can best handle the computing needs of the task most effectively. Among the other considerations in this category are
- 2) The second criterion in choosing a microcontroller is how easy it is to develop products around it. Key considerations include the availability of an assembler, debugger, compiler, technical support.
- 3) The third criterion in choosing a microcontroller is its ready availability in needed quantities both now and in the future.
- FND is similar to the seven segment display but it has one more segment db for decimal. It has eight leds. The current specification for an led is 5MA-25MA. The safe range for the current to select is the mid value that is12MA and voltage required is 5v so the resistance required to limit the current in led is calculated by the ohms law i.e. VIR, RV/I and hence R comes to about
- FND are connected to the microcontroller at i/o port like p0,p1,p2,or p3,and also a transistor is required to get the FND on or off. The base resistance required for the transistor is also 470ohm.
- RELAY is an isolator and an electrical switch. The relay used is 12V-5A.To control the operation of relay an NPN transistor BC547 has been used. Whenever high signal comes at the base of NPN transistor it is switched on and whenever low arrives it is switched off. Base of the transistor is connected with the I/O pin of the microcontroller. Base resistance of 1k5 is connected at the base of the transistor. Whenever low is sensed at the pin of microcontroller transistor gets off and the output of the collector becomes high and the relay which is connected at the output of the collector becomes off. The reverse action of it takes place when high is sensed at the pin of microcontroller
- Here we are using a PIC microcontroller that has inbuilt ADC, through which it can sense the analog signal and at its output generate a digital signal. since temperature sensed by the sensor provide to the controller is in analog form so from PIC controller the work of this project become easier .
- Here we have used a temperature sensor which will sense the temperature of the transformer ,on sensing temperature it will forward the measured temperature to the microcontroller which control the entire operation of controlling temperature.
- The microcontroller compare the sensed temperature with the reference temperature which is either maximum or minimum temperature of the transformer and thus control it. If the temperature of transformer increases the maximum limit, the relay ON the FAN to give air and split on the transformer for cooling it .
- The project has achieved its set target well in Time and Budget.
- Based on cutting edge technology called Embedded development which is niche in the market today and its future is much bright.
- The product developed is ready for implementation and can bring financial benefits too by sale in the market.
- We have successfully completed the project of high tension transformer protection . Through this project we conclude that the temperature of the transformer can control automatically using temperature sensor and microcontroller.
- Microcontroller successfully done the cooling of the transformer in case of increase in temperature of the transformer. The developing of this project has been a learning experience for all team members and would prove as a milestone in their academic career.
PowerShow.com is a leading presentation sharing website. It has millions of presentations already uploaded and available with 1,000s more being uploaded by its users every day. Whatever your area of interest, here you’ll be able to find and view presentations you’ll love and possibly download. And, best of all, it is completely free and easy to use.
You might even have a presentation you’d like to share with others. If so, just upload it to PowerShow.com. We’ll convert it to an HTML5 slideshow that includes all the media types you’ve already added: audio, video, music, pictures, animations and transition effects. Then you can share it with your target audience as well as PowerShow.com’s millions of monthly visitors. And, again, it’s all free.
About the Developers
PowerShow.com is brought to you by CrystalGraphics , the award-winning developer and market-leading publisher of rich-media enhancement products for presentations. Our product offerings include millions of PowerPoint templates, diagrams, animated 3D characters and more.