What's Your Question?
Resources to Help You Solve Math Equations
Whether you love math or suffer through every single problem, there are plenty of resources to help you solve math equations. Skip the tutor and log on to load these awesome websites for a fantastic free equation solver or simply to find answers for solving equations on the Internet.
Stand By for Automatic Math Solutions at Quick Math
The Quick Math website offers easy answers for solving equations along with a simple format that makes math a breeze. Load the website to browse tutorials, set up a polynomial equation solver, or to factor or expand fractions. From algebra to calculus and graphs, Quick Math provides not just the answers to your tough math problems but a step-by-step problem-solving calculator. Use the input bar to enter your equation, and click on the “simplify” button to explore the problem and its solution. Choose some sample problems to practice your math skills, or move to another tab for a variety of math input options. Quick Math makes it easy to learn how to solve this equation even when you’re completely confused.
Modern Math Answers Come From Mathway
Mathway offers a free equation solver that sifts through your toughest math problems — and makes math easy. Simply enter your math problem into the Mathway calculator, and choose what you’d like the math management program to do with the problem. Pick from math solutions that include graphing, simplifying, finding a slope or solving for a y-intercept by scrolling through the Mathway drop-down menu. Use the answers for solving equations to explore different types of solutions, or set the calculator to offer the best solution for your particular math puzzle. Mathway offers the option to create an account, to sign in or sign up for additional features or to simply stick with the free equation solver.
Wyzant — Why Not?
Wyzant offers a variety of answers when it comes to “how to solve this equation” questions. Sign up to find a tutor trained to offer online sessions that increase your math understanding, or jump in with the calculator that helps you simplify math equations. A quick-start guide makes it easy to understand exactly how to use the Wyzant math solutions pages, while additional resources provide algebra worksheets, a polynomial equation solver, math-related blogs to promote better math skills and lesson recording. Truly filled with math solutions, Wyzant provides more than just an equation calculator and actually connects you with people who are trained to teach the math you need. Prices for tutoring vary greatly, but access to the website and its worksheets is free.
Take in Some WebMath
Log onto the WebMath website, and browse through the tabs that include Math for Everyone, Trig and Calculus, General Math and even K-8 Math. A simple drop-down box helps you to determine what type of math help you need, and then you easily add your problem to the free equation solver. WebMath provides plenty of options for homeschoolers with lesson plans, virtual labs and family activities.
Khan Academy Offers More Than Answers
A free equation solver is just the beginning when it comes to awesome math resources at Khan Academy. Free to use and filled with videos that offer an online teaching experience, Khan Academy helps you to simplify math equations, shows you how to solve equations and provides full math lessons from Kindergarten to SAT test preparation. Watch the video for each math problem, explore the sample problems, and increase your math skills right at home with Khan Academy’s easy-to-follow video learning experience. Once you’ve completed your math video, move onto practice problems that help to increase your confidence in your math skills.
MORE FROM QUESTIONSANSWERED.NET
- Disk & Data Manager
- Partition Wizard
- Power Data Recovery
- Media Toolkit
- uTube Downloader
- Video Converter
How to Fix YouTube Videos Keep Loading on PC/Phone/Tablet?
When YouTube videos keep loading but not playing on your device, you download the YouTube videos using MiniTool Video Converter and watch them offline. If you want to solve the issue once and for all, you can try the solutions mentioned in this article.
YouTube Videos Keep Loading on PC/Phone/Tablet
YouTube is a very popular video sharing and watching platform. When you use it to watch videos, you may find that the YouTube videos keep loading but not playing. This issue occurs regardless of whether you use a computer or a mobile phone/tablet to watch YouTube videos.
Do you want to watch YouTube videos without YouTube? In this post, we will show you three free tools that can be used to do this work.
Reasons for YouTube Videos Keep Loading
Why are your YouTube videos loading but not playing on your device? We collect the following possible reasons:
- The YouTube server is down.
- The internet connection is slow or disconnected.
- The YouTube app is outdated.
- Your VPN doesn’t work normally.
- YouTube is not working in your current region.
- Cache and cookies are corrupted on your device.
- Some installed browser extensions interfere with YouTube.
- Some other internet issues.
You see there are several causes, but you may don’t know which situation you are facing. Don’t worry. In this article, we will you some easy methods that are proved to be effective. If you don’t know the exact reason, you can try them one by one until you find the suitable one.
- Check YouTube servers
- Check your internet connection
- Lower the YouTube video quality
- Download YouTube videos and watch them offline
- Disable your VPN
- Disable or remove the browser extensions
- Delete cache and cookies on your device
- Update the YouTube app
- Change your region
- Use another web browser
If your YouTube videos are not playing, you need to take some measures to fix it. Here are some useful solutions that can effectively solve this issue.
Method 1: Check the YouTube Servers
If YouTube doesn’t work normally on your device, the first thing you should do is to check the YouTube servers. The YouTube servers may be down unexpectedly, causing the issues of YouTube videos keep loading.
How to check if the YouTube servers work normally?
You can go to Downdetector using your web browser to see if YouTube encounters issues currently. On the page, you can view the status of YouTube. If you think there is something wrong with YouTube, you can click the red I have a problem with YouTube button to report your issue.
If the result shows that YouTube is down, you should wait until the issue is solved.
Method 2: Check Your Internet Connection
Many users report that a slow internet connection causes YouTube infinite loading. Perhaps, this is the real cause of your situation. So, you need to check your internet connection speed to make a confirmation.
A quick check is to use the web browser to open a webpage and see if it can open quickly. If the webpage is opened slowly, it means that your internet connection is not so good.
Of course, you can also use special third-party internet speed test tools like SPEEDTEST, fast.com, or SPEEDCHECK to check your internet speed.
Well then, how much internet speed do you need to YouTube?
For example, if you want to play an 8K YouTube video smoothly, the internet speed should be at least 100 Mbps. A 4K video needs at least 20 Mbps, an HD 1080P video needs 5 Mbps, an HD 720P video needs 2.5 Mbps, an SD 480P video needs 1.1 Mbps, an SD 360P video needs 0.7 Mbps, etc.
If your internet speed doesn’t meet the above requirements, you need to take measures to solve the internet connection issues.
If you can’t access https://www.youtube.com/, you can try to use YouTube IP address instead of the normal DNS name. You may access this URL now.
Method 3: Lower the YouTube Video Quality while Playing
If your internet connection is not fast enough to play a YouTube video with high quality, you can switch to a lower video quality on the YouTube player to have a try. This method is suitable for PCs, mobile phones, and tablets.
- Click the gear icon at the bottom of the YouTube player.
- Click the Quality option and select a lower quality according to your internet speed. Then, you can check if the YouTube video can play smoothly.
How do I change the default video quality on YouTube if you find the video quality is not as good as you hope? This post shows you some useful information.
Method 4: Download YouTube Videos and Watch Them Offline
If your internet speed is OK, you can choose to download the YouTube videos you want to watch on your computer and watch them using your media player on your device.
You can use MiniTool Video Converter, a free YouTube video downloader, to download your needed videos. With this software, you can download YouTube videos to different formats including MP3, MP4, Wav, and WebM. Different video resolutions are also supported.
If you want to watch YouTube videos offline to avoid some YouTube video playing issues, you can try this software to download YouTube videos. This software works on all versions of Windows like Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, and Windows 7.
MiniTool Video Converter Click to Download 100% Clean & Safe
1. Download and install MiniTool Video Converter on your computer.
2. Open the software to enter its home page.
3. Search for your needed YouTube videos using this software. You can also directly copy and paste the video link to this software. Additionally, you can sign in with your YouTube account in this software and view your liked videos or watch history for download.
4. Select the video you want to download to open it and click the Download button to continue.
5. A window pops up with the video output format and resolution you can select. So, select one option according to your requirements.
6. If there are available subtitles, you can also choose one to download if you need it. ( How to download YouTube subtitles? )
7. Click the DOWNLOAD button to start downloading the YouTube video.
8. The software begins to download the YouTube video. You should wait patiently until the whole process ends. After downloading, you can directly play the downloaded YouTube video using the media player on your computer.
You can use MiniTool Video Converter to download YouTube videos to different formats on your computer. Click to Tweet
You can see that there are three more options in this software: Video Convert, Screen Record, Edit Video. These options are located at the top of the software interface.
If you are not satisfied with the YouTube video format you download, you can select this option to use the Video Converter tool (a professional video format converter) to convert the video format to a suitable one.
This tool is also free for use and you can use it to convert a video to all kinds of formats like MP4, WMV, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, TS, etc.
When you choose this option, the tool here can help you screen record your computer screen and audio if you need to do this.
If you need to edit videos in other different formats, such as MKV, MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG, 3GP, etc., you can try this option.
Method 5: Disable Your VPN
VPN is good to protect your data. It can help you mask your internet address. But if it works abnormally, some unexpected issues like YouTube videos keep loading but not playing will happen. To rule out this possibility, you can disable or turn off the VPN to have a try.
Method 6: Disable or Remove Extensions on Your Web Browser
If the issue happens after you install a new extension on your web browser, the extension should be the cause. The newly added extension may conflict with YouTube causing YouTube videos keep loading but not playing on Chrome/Firefox/Opera.
It is easy to solve this issue. You can just disable or remove that extension to have a try. Of course, you can also disable or remove all extensions and then check if YouTube video can play normally again.
Method 7: Delete Cache and Cookies on Your Device
No matter you are using a computer or a mobile phone/tablet, there is cache and cookies on the device. If some of the cache and cookies are corrupted, bad issues can easily happen. You can delete the cache and cookies on your device to make everything go back to normal.
Method 8: Update the YouTube App
If YouTube keeps loading on Android or iPhone, you may not use the latest version of the YouTube app. To make sure that you have a good experience, you should update the YouTube app to have a try.
How to Update the YouTube App on Android?
- Unlock your Android device is necessary.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Tap the hamburger menu and then select My apps & games .
- If an app has an available update, there will be an Update label next to it.
- Tap Update All to update all apps. However, if you only want to update the YouTube app, you just need to tap Update next to YouTube.
How to Update the YouTube App on iPhone/iPad?
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the App Store .
- Tap your profile picture.
- Swipe down and you can see the pending updates for all apps.
- Check if you can see the YouTube app under the Updates section. If yes, this means that there is an available update. Tap Update next to the YouTube logo to update the YouTube app to the latest version.
Now, you are using the updated YouTube app. You can re-open the YouTube app to play YouTube videos again and see the YouTube infinite loading issue disappears.
Method 9: Change Your Region
Your region is also an element that can influence the usage of YouTube. If the YouTube server is faulty in your region, you will be unable to play YouTube videos as usual. You switch to another region to solve the problem.
How to do this?
- Go to YouTube on your web browser and sign in with your YouTube account.
- Click your profile picture on the top-right side.
- Select Location and then choose another available location.
After these simple steps, you can play YouTube videos again to see if the issue goes away.
Method 10: Use Another Web Browser
If you can’t play YouTube videos using this web browser, you can try another web browser. In addition to the most popular Google Chrome, you can also try Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox, and more.
YouTube Videos Keep Loading but Not Playing! Fix It Now
It is so annoying if a YouTube video is not playing because it keeps loading forever. But this article helps you find the causes and introduces some solutions that are proved to be effective. You can try them to help you out.
If you encounter YouTube green screen, do you know how to fix it? Now, in this post, we will show you two solutions that are proved to be effective.
If you have other related issues that need to be resolved, you can contact us via [email protected] . You can also let us know in the comments.
About The Author
- Video Repair
- Photo Repair
- File Repair
- Audio Repair
- Online Video Repair
- Online Photo Repair
- Online File Repair
Remove photo scratches online in seconds.
Fix your corrupted Mp4 videos and learn safety tips.
- Video Format
- Video Error Code
- Video Issue
- Photo Format
- Photo Issue
- Word Repair
- Excel Repair
- PowerPoint Repair
- Outlook Error Code
- Outlook Repair
- Guide of Repairit
- Guide of Repairit Online
- Guide of Repairit for Email
Videos get corrupted? Choose the most cost-effective tool Here!
Photos get corrupted? Let's check your photo corruption scenarios now!
Files broken? Find the all-inclusive solutions for your documents!
Check out backup tips and tricks for 2023 World Backup Day!
For your help when important videos, photos, docs, or audio files get corrupted or fail to open.
For anyone wanting to repair and refine media files or enhance photos with AI tech.
For individuals who need to fix damaged PST&OST files and retrieve lost Outlook emails.
- Try It Free Try It Free
- Buy Now Buy Now
Perfectly repair videos with various corruption issues in minutes.
- Fix video issues like video no sound, video not playing, video blurry, etc.
- Repair videos of 15+ different video formats, such as MP4, MOV, MKV, etc.
- Advanced Repair mode for severely corrupted videos.
- Support a wide range of storage media including cameras, SD cards, mobile phones, hard drives, etc.
How to Fix "YouTube Videos Not Loading"?
If you’ve stumbled upon this article, it’s likely your YouTube videos not loading . Unfortunately, this is quite common and can happen at any time for various reasons.
So, without any further ado, let’s take a quick look at some valuable solutions to fix the YouTube videos keep loading problem. In addition, we will introduce you to a powerful video repair tool for your downloaded clips.
Table of Contents
Part 1: fix "youtube videos not loading" or "youtube videos loading but not playing"..
Make sure you implement the below tips carefully to troubleshoot the YouTube not loading or Youtube not playing issue.
1. Check the Network Connection
YouTube needs an active internet connection to load the videos. If your local internet connection is weak or disconnected, videos won’t load no matter what you do. Perhaps this is the culprit in your case, particularly if you're trying to play a video in HD or 4K.
Thus, the first thing you should do is check your internet speed for confirmation. Luckily, the procedure is as simple as you can get. Simply open another browser page and refresh it, and see if it loads quickly or not. That will give you a hint.
2. Refresh the Page
Sometimes, it takes a simple refresh to troubleshoot the YouTube videos not playing issue. As good as the YouTube platform is, it can fall victim to minor glitches. The quickest way forward is to refresh the YouTube page and see if the issue is resolved or not.
3. Lower the Video Quality
Why is your internet connection working fine and still YouTube videos loading but not playing ? Probably, you’re playing a video in 1080p or 4K, which is a relatively high resolution for normal internet speed.
So, try lowering the video quality to eliminate the constant loading problem. Here’s how to do that:
Step 1 : Hit the gear icon at the bottom of the YouTube player.
Step 2 : Click on Quality and choose a lower resolution like 360p or 480p.
Step 3 : Check if the video is playing smoothly or not.
4. Clear Browser Cache
Every web browser saves little pieces of information caches and cookies of the websites you visit. It enhances the browser's performance when loading these sites in the future. But this data can get infected by malware or get corrupt over time.
So, if YouTube videos keep loading despite good internet, try clearing the browser cache. Check out the below steps to do that:
Step 1 : Open your browser and click on the three dots icon in the top-right corner.
Step 2 : Navigate to History and click on Clear Browsing Data.
Step 3 : Select the Time range to All time and hit Clear data.
Step 4 : Relaunch the browser and check if the issue persists.
5. Disable Browser Extension
Many people use third-party browser extensions for a better user experience. Often, these extensions slow down or interrupt the normal functioning of some websites. It’s always recommended to turn off the browser’s extensions while playing YouTube videos. To do that:
Step 1 : Click on the three dots icon in your web browser and head to Extensions.
Step 2 : You’ll see the extensions synced with your browser.
Step 3 : Simply turn off any extension related to video control or playback.
Step 4 : Refresh the browser and play the YouTube video again.
Hopefully, you won’t face the YouTube buffering problems again.
6. Reset Browser's Settings
Still, YouTube videos not loading after implementing the solutions mentioned above? Chances are, you might have changed the default settings of your browser. So, the following workaround is resetting the browser's settings to default. For that:
Step 1 : Open Google Chrome, click on the three dots icon, and go to Settings.
Step 2 : Hit Advanced at the bottom and click on Reset.
Step 3 : Hit Reset again to confirm your action.
Step 4 : Now, relaunch the browser and play the YouTube video again.
Part 2: Fix "YouTube Videos Not Loading" with Video Repair Tool (for Downloaded Videos）
We often download videos on the computer to watch them anytime without the internet. But at times, these videos get corrupt or damaged for several reasons.
If you cannot play a damaged video on your PC, use Wondershare Repairit - Video Repair to fix it. This powerful program has advanced algorithms that detect and automatically repair any video with a very high success rate. Repairit doesn’t cause any loss in video quality during the repairing process. Plus, thanks to its batch-repairing feature, you can fix multiple videos at once. Its Advanced Repair feature helps you repair extremely corrupt videos in no time. Expect super-fast speed coupled with a sleek interface when using this program.
Wondershare Repairit - Video Repair
751,557 people have downloaded it.
Repair damaged videos with different levels of corruption, including video not playing, video no sound, video not loading, header corruption, missing video codec, etc.
Repair videos of diverse formats, including MOV, MP4, M2TS, MKV, MTS, 3GP, KLV, M4V, WMV, MPEG, etc.
Repair damaged or corrupted videos caused by video compression, system crash, video format change, etc.
Repair critically damaged or corrupted videos available on SD cards, mobile phones, cameras, USB flash drives, etc.
Repairit has a quick and advanced scanning mode. You can use either depending on the level of corruption the video file has undergone.
No limit to the number and size of the repairable videos.
Support Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019/2022, and macOS 10.10~macOS 13.
Step 1: Run Repairit on your computer.
Click on "Add" to import your damaged YouTube videos.
Step 2: You'll see will the detailed information of each video on the screen. Hit Repair to begin the process.
Step 3: Wait patiently until the program repair all the videos.
Once the repairing processfinishes, you can preview the repaired video to ensure it is fixed appropriately by clicking the “Preview” button. If you are satisfied with the result, click on the “Save” button and save it on your device.
If you're not satisfied with the repaired video, try the "Advanced Repair" feature to make a more professional video repair process. See a more detailed guide here.
Attention : If you just want to repair video without downloading any software, and your corrupted video is smaller than 3GB, you can try the online version of Repairit Video Repair with ease.
Part 3: Why do YouTube Videos Keep Loading?
A handful of reasons are at play when you find that YouTube videos aren’t loading on your device. But the common issues are, but not limited to:
Internet Issues : Most often than not, a slow internet connection is a reason why your YouTube videos keep loading. Check your internet speed and get it fixed to troubleshoot the problem.
Browser Issues : In many cases, a glitch in your browser that's causing the YouTube videos to load slowly. Implementing simple tips like refreshing the browser, turning off extensions, clearing put caches, or resetting its settings can fix the issue.
Outdated App : Be sure you're using the updated version of the YouTube app. This tip is mainly for users who watch YouTube videos on a smartphone or a tablet.
Computer problems : Sometimes, a minor bug can interrupt the normal working of programs on a computer, including YouTube. A simple restart or installing the updates can help you overcome this problem.
Getting YouTube buffering problems is not so uncommon. But that’s not the end of the world. This article has helped you identify the possible reasons why YouTube videos loading but not playing . Then, all you need to do is implement the solutions carefully to make sure your videos run smoothly.
If the downloaded videos on your PC are corrupt or unplayable, use Wondershare Repairit . This tool is developed specifically to repair any video in a jiffy, no matter how corrupt it is.
You May Also Like
Step-by-step guide: how to repair a corrupted rsv file, troubleshooting methods & solutions for fixing video issues, no sound in kodi: restore your kodi audio glory with these fixes, how to recognize and fix windows 10/11 video problems, stellar video repair tool review: are there better options, corrupted avi files: how to recognize and fix them.
- Help Center
- Fix a problem
- Watch videos
- Manage your account & settings
- Supervised experience on YouTube
- YouTube Premium
- Create & grow your channel
- Monetize with the YouTube Partner Program
- Policy, safety, & copyright
- YouTube Terms of Service
- Submit feedback
- Creator Tips
- Fix a problem Troubleshoot problems playing videos Troubleshoot account issues Fix upload problems Fix YouTube Premium membership issues Get help with the YouTube Partner Program Learn about recent updates on YouTube Get help with YouTube
- Watch videos Find videos to watch Change video settings Watch videos on different devices Comment, subscribe, & connect with creators Save or share videos & playlists Troubleshoot problems playing videos Purchase & manage movies, TV shows & products on YouTube
- Manage your account & settings Sign up and manage your account Manage account settings Manage privacy settings Manage accessibility settings Troubleshoot account issues YouTube updates
- YouTube Premium Join YouTube Premium Learn about YouTube Premium benefits Manage your Premium membership Manage Premium billing Fix YouTube Premium membership issues Troubleshoot billing & charge issues Request a refund for YouTube paid products YouTube Premium updates & promotions
- Create & grow your channel Upload videos Edit videos & video settings Create Shorts Edit videos with YouTube Create Customize & manage your channel Analyze performance with analytics Translate videos, subtitles, & captions Manage your community & comments Live stream on YouTube Join the YouTube Shorts Creator Community Become a podcast creator on YouTube Creator and Studio App updates
- Monetize with the YouTube Partner Program YouTube Partner Program Make money on YouTube Get paid Understand ads and related policies Get help with the YouTube Partner Program YouTube for Content Managers
- Policy, safety, & copyright YouTube policies Reporting and enforcement Privacy and safety center Copyright and rights management
If you're experiencing buffering issues on YouTube our team is aware and working on a fix. YouTube TV or NFL Sunday Ticket may also be impacted.
Troubleshoot YouTube video errors
If you’re having problems playing your YouTube video, try these troubleshooting steps to solve your issue. Some of the most common error messages are:
- An error has occurred.
- Playback error. Tap to retry.
- Connection to server lost.
- This video is unavailable.
- Something went wrong. Tap to Retry.
- Please check your network connection (Retry).
- This content isn’t available
Check your internet speed
- Restart your internet connection.
- Run an internet speed test to make sure your internet can support the selected video resolution. You can also change the quality of your video to improve your experience. Note: Using multiple devices on the same network may reduce the speed that your device gets.
- Check the YouTube video’s resolution and the recommended speed needed to play the video. The table below shows the approximate speeds recommended to play each video resolution.
- You can also find out if your internet Service Provider is HD Verified; by visiting the Video Quality Report.
- If you're interested in seeing more info on how your videos are played back, check out Stats for Nerds .
Check that you’re signed into YouTube
Make sure you’re signed into YouTube .
Restart the YouTube app or reboot your device
Try closing the YouTube app or rebooting your device. You can also uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app.
Update your browser
Update the youtube app, check your data usage .
Make sure you’ve turned on data usage for YouTube:
- Go to your device Settings.
- Tap Cellular .
- Under the "Cellular data" section, go to YouTube.
- Next to YouTube, tap the button so it's on.
Other types of errors
Green or black screen in the video player.
- Use a different browser to watch the video.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies .
If that doesn’t work, try these troubleshooting tips .
If you can’t hear audio from a YouTube video, try to:
- Make sure the sound/volume is turned on for your browser or device.
- Check your device’s sound settings.
- Restart your browser or device.
issues downloading videos, account error issues, issues with youtube paid products.
If the above steps don’t work and you:
- Bought a movie or TV show on YouTube, OR
- Are an active paid member of Youtube Music, YouTube Premium, or YouTube TV
Why Isn't YouTube Working? How to Fix YouTube on Desktop and Mobile
Has YouTube stopped working on your device? Follow these troubleshooting steps to get YouTube working again.
Is YouTube not working? Have no fear, we'll get you back to watching those cat videos soon enough. It's possible that YouTube is down for everyone, but the problem is more likely on your end.
Whether videos are endlessly buffering, the YouTube app isn't loading, or something else entirely, our troubleshooting steps for desktop and mobile should help you get YouTube working again.
First, Check If YouTube Is Down
The first thing to check before anything else is whether the problem is with YouTube itself, rather than anything on your side. It's rare for YouTube to have a complete outage, but it does happen.
Downdetector crowdsources user reports showing you what issues are being reported and from where in the world. It's a handy way to see if YouTube is down for everyone or just you.
When YouTube has major downtime, news outlets will report on it. The quickest way to check is by going to Google News and searching for "YouTube down" or "YouTube outage".
Additionally, browse YouTube's social media channels, like @TeamYouTube on Twitter, for first-hand updates from the company.
If YouTube is down, all you can do is wait it out. Otherwise, have you established that YouTube is working for others? If so, crack on with these troubleshooting steps.
How to Fix YouTube on Desktop
If you're using YouTube on a desktop browser, follow these steps to try to fix YouTube.
1. Update Your Browser
You should always use the most up-to-date version of your browser. Most popular browsers like Chrome and Firefox should automatically update, but it's always best to double-check this.
For Chrome, paste chrome://settings/help into the URL bar and press Enter . You should see "Chrome is up to date." If you don't, the latest build will automatically download. Once it's finished, click Relaunch .
For other browsers, see our guide on how to update your web browser .
2. Clear Your Cookies and Cache
Try clearing your cookies and cache to clean out the browser.
- Paste chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into the URL bar and press Enter .
- On the Time range dropdown, select All time .
- Check Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files .
- Click Clear data .
For other browsers, read our guide on how to delete internet cookies .
3. Disable Your Extensions
Browser extensions can cause compatibility problems with YouTube.
To view your extensions in Chrome, paste chrome://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter .
For each extension in turn, toggle the slider left to disable it. After each, try YouTube again and see if the issue is resolved. If it is, keep the extension disabled and contact the developer to see if they can patch the issue.
For other browsers, check out our guide on how to clean up your browser extensions .
4. Update Your Video Drivers
If your video drivers are outdated, it can cause issues playing videos. Try updating them to see it resolves the issue.
If you're using Windows 10 or 11, first grab the latest drivers from your graphic card manufacturer's website (likely AMD , NVIDIA , or Intel .)
Then do the following:
- Press Windows key + X and click Device Manager .
- Double click Display adapters .
- Right-click your graphics card and click Update driver .
- Click Search automatically for drivers and follow the wizard through.
For more support, refer to our guide on how to update your Windows graphics drivers .
On macOS, you just need to ensure you're using the latest operating system version. Do this via Apple logo > System Preferences > Software Update .
5. Troubleshoot Your Internet Connection
Even if you can access other websites, it doesn't mean your internet connection isn't at fault. It might not be stable enough to stream YouTube.
Windows has a native troubleshooter to detect and resolve problems. To find it, press Windows key + I to open Settings, then:
- On Windows 10, go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Internet Connections > Run the troubleshooter .
- On Windows 11, go to System > Troubleshoot > Other trouble-shooters > Internet Connections > Run .
If this doesn't work, see our article on diagnosing a network problem for more advice.
If you're using a Mac, follow the steps in our macOS internet connection troubleshooting guide .
How to Fix YouTube on Android and iOS
If you're using YouTube on an Android or iOS device (like an iPhone or iPad), try these troubleshooting steps.
There are many versions of Android. When following the instructions below, you may find that some menu items have slightly different labels. If you struggle to get to the right screen, use your device's search function.
1. Update the Operating System
Your operating system may be outdated and thus YouTube is unable to run correctly.
On Android, open Settings and look for Software update (or System update .) It might be within an About phone section. If there's a new version available, download and install it.
On iOS, go to Settings > General > Software update and download and install an update if there's one available.
2. Update the YouTube App
You should always use the latest version of the YouTube app so that you benefit from new features and bug fixes.
On Android, open the Play Store , tap your profile icon , and select Manage apps and device . Next, tap Updates pending and, if YouTube is here, tap Update .
On iOS, open the App Store , tap your profile icon , and scroll down to Available Updates . If you see YouTube on this list, tap Update .
3. Clear the YouTube App Cache and Data
If you've used the YouTube app for a while, a large amount of cache and data may have accumulated and be causing issues.
On Android, go to Settings > Apps > YouTube > Storage . Tap Clear cache and see if it fixes the problem. If not, return to the same screen and tap Clear data .
On iOS, the best way to do this is to uninstall and reinstall YouTube. Press and hold the app on your home screen and tap Remove App > Delete App . Then head to the App Store and download YouTube again.
4. Sync the Date and Time
The YouTube app can be glitchy if your device's date and time is out of alignment with that of the YouTube server. The best way to resolve this is to allow your network to automatically handle the date and time.
On Android, go to Settings > General management > Date and time and slide Automatic date and time to On .
On iOS, go to Settings > General > Date & Time and slide Set Automatically to On .
5. Reset Your Internet Connection
YouTube might not work if your internet is struggling to connect properly. On Android, go to Settings > Connections . On iOS, open Control Center .
First, turn Flight mode on and off. This can often refresh your network settings and solve the problem. Next, switch your connection method to Wi-Fi or your cellular network (whichever one you aren't currently using.) If this doesn't work, disable Bluetooth.
Still no luck? You can reset your network connection entirely. On Android, go to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings .
On iOS, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Reset > Reset Network Settings .
If All Else Fails, Contact Google
Now you've followed these instructions, hopefully YouTube or the YouTube app is working again. If it isn't, contact Google for further support.
If this experience has soured your view of YouTube, there are plenty of alternative video sites ready to drain your time.
Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
YouTube not working? Here's what you can do
YouTube is the largest online video platform globally, with more than 2.7 billion monthly active users. YouTube not working translates to a problem for most of us, so what do you do when you find yourself in this situation? Here are some things you can try on your Android and Windows devices.
Find out if YouTube is down
- Close and reopen the app
- Check for available updates
Restart your device
Check your internet connection.
- Clear the cache
- Sync date and time
- Network blocking YouTube?
Update your GPU drivers
Turn off hardware acceleration.
Editor’s note: Some of the instructions in this article were generated using a Google Pixel 7 running Android 13, an Apple iPhone 12 Mini running iOS 17, and a custom PC running Windows 11. Keep in mind that steps can be slightly different depending on your device.
While it’s not a common occurrence, YouTube can sometimes go down. This is the first thing you should check. There is no straightforward way to check if YouTube’s servers are non-operational, but we recommend a couple of methods.
You can get the info straight from the horse’s mouth by going to the official YouTube Twitter account . Chances are any outage will be reported there.
We also recommend Down Detector , a website where people can report issues with YouTube not working. The site is almost always spot-on, and it even includes a live map to see if there are any local outages.
If YouTube is down, you can do nothing but wait it out.
Close and reopen the app or website
Simply closing and reopening the YouTube app often fixes any local issues or bugs. If you’re using a computer, you can close either the tab or the browser and try reaccessing YouTube.
How to close an Android app:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go into Apps .
- Select See all apps .
- Find YouTube and tap on it.
- Hit Force stop .
- Confirm by tapping on OK .
How to close an iPhone app:
- Slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen and hold until the app switcher shows up.
- Find the YouTube app.
- Slide the preview screen up to close the app.
Check for any updates
Running older versions of an app is usually not an issue, but it can sometimes create some conflicts. This is especially true with more extensive updates, or upgrades that include server-side changes. Make sure you’re running the latest version of the app .
How to update Android apps:
- Open the Google Play Store .
- Tap on your profile icon .
- Go into Manage apps & device .
- Select Updates available .
- Find YouTube and check if it needs an update. Hit the Update button next to it.
- Alternatively, you can select Update all and take care of all your apps in one move.
How to update iPhone apps:
- Launch the Apple App Store .
- Tap on your Profile icon .
- Under Upcoming Automatic Updates , look for YouTube and tap Update next to it.
- Alternatively, you can tap on Update All to take care of all updates in a single sweep.
It may also help to see if everything else is updated. Check if any updates are available to your browser (if you’re using it). If you’re using a mobile phone, check if there are any available updates for the device.
How to check for Android updates:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into System .
- Tap on System update .
- Select Check for update .
- Follow the instructions if there is an available update.
How to check for iPhone updates:
- Go into General .
- Select Software Update .
- The system will look for any available updates. Select Download and Install if available.
If you’re using a desktop computer, you might as well check for any browser updates. We’ll assume you are using Chrome.
How to check for Chrome updates on PC:
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- Click on the three-dot menu button in the top-right corner.
- Highlight Help and select About Google Chrome .
- The browser will automatically look for updates and install them.
- Hit Relaunch if requested.
It’s always the first troubleshooting solution we recommend! A simple restart can magically get everything up and running for reasons we don’t quite understand. It may seem silly, but it’s worth a try!
How to restart Android:
- Press the side and volume up buttons simultaneously.
- Select Restart .
How to restart an iPhone:
- Press and hold the power and volume up buttons until the power screen appears.
- Slide the slide to power off option.
Note: Apple doesn’t allow taking screenshots of the power menu, so we can’t visually show you the process.
Restart a Windows computer:
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Select the power icon.
- Pick Restart .
There is a chance the culprit is your internet connection! You can test other apps that need an internet connection to operate and see if they work. Open the browser and Google anything. If nothing else works properly, then you might be offline. Otherwise, you’ll need some more help.
Check if your Wi-Fi is on, or if you maybe turned Airplane Mode on by accident. Those using Wi-Fi or LAN should look at the router and see if it’s connected. Are other devices working? Try restarting the router. There’s usually a dedicated button, but unplugging, waiting about a minute, and plugging the router back in works, too. You might also want to check if you mobile data is on.
How to enable mobile data on Android:
- Go into Network & internet .
- Select SIMs .
- Toggle Mobile data on.
- If you’re outside your country or network coverage, also toggle Roaming on (this may incur extra charges).
How to turn on cellular data on iPhone:
- Go into Cellular .
- Make sure Cellular Data is toggled on.
- If you want to turn roaming on, go into Cellular Data Options and toggle Data Roaming on.
Clear the app’s cache and data
The following fix on this list is to clear YouTube’s cache and data. The former deletes temporary data, while the latter eliminates all app data, including various settings. This may help because sometimes data and settings get corrupted, or bugs mess things up. Clearing everything resets the app or browser and lets you start clean.
Clear cache on Android:
- Find and tap on the YouTube app under See all apps .
- Tap on Storage & cache .
- Hit Clear Cache .
- You can also select Clear storage for a clean start.
Clear cache on iPhone:
Sadly, there is no way to clear cache on iOS apps. The only effective way to do this is to uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Find the YouTube app. Tap and hold it for a few seconds.
- Select Remove App .
- Tap on Delete App to confirm.
- Go to the Apple App Store and download YouTube again.
Clear the cache on Chrome for Windows:
- On your Windows computer, open Chrome.
- Go into Settings .
- Select Privacy and security in the left-side column.
- Pick Clear browsing data .
- Check the boxes to select what you want to delete. I like clearing everything if there are serious issues.
- Select All time in the Time range .
- Hit Clear data .
Sync your date and time
It may seem odd, but the date and time settings could be a reason for YouTube not working. Google’s servers might be having trouble syncing with them if you don’t set them correctly.
Sync date and time on Android:
- Tap on System .
- Go into Date & time .
- Toggle on Set time automatically .
- Toggle on Set time zone automatically .
- Toggle on Use location to set time zone .
Set date & time on iPhone:
- Select Date & Time .
- Make sure Set Automatically is toggled on.
Sync date and time on Windows:
- Go into Time & Language .
- Select Date & time in the left-side column.
Is the network blocking YouTube?
Sometimes there are network restrictions on YouTube and other services. This is common to see when using the internet from schools, libraries, or other places where administrators don’t want you watching random cat videos. It could also result from careful parents who limit their kids’ YouTube activity.
Talk to the network administrator and ask if any YouTube restrictions exist. The only solution to this problem would be to ask the administrator to allow YouTube access. You can also switch to mobile data or use another available network. If you’re using something other than your smartphone, one good solution is to use your phone’s mobile hotspot feature. Let’s show you how this is done!
How to use hotspot on Android:
- Tap on Hotspot & tethering .
- Select Wi-Fi hotspot .
- Toggle on Use Wi-Fi hotspot .
- The phone will create a Wi-Fi network. Connect to it using another device.
How to use hotspot on iPhone:
- Go into Personal Hotspot .
- Toggle on Allow Others to Join .
If you’re running YouTube on a computer and have issues with YouTube not working, there is a chance there are compatibility issues with the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). Try updating the drivers and see if that helps. Keep in mind this solution only works for computer users. Skip this section if you’re not using a computer.
How to update your GPU drivers on Windows:
- On the Windows search bar, type in Device Manager , and open the app.
- Expand the section labeled Display adapters .
- Right-click on your GPU.
- Select Update driver .
- Click on Search automatically for drivers .
- Let the computer do its thing and follow instructions.
Have you ever gotten a black or green screen while trying to play a YouTube video? The problem can be annoying, especially when you can’t find a cause or solution for YouTube not working. This is usually due to compatibility issues regarding hardware acceleration. Try turning it off.
How to turn off hardware acceleration on Chrome for Windows:
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Select Settings .
- Toggle off the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
Is YouTube not working after trying all these fixes? Maybe it’s time to take your case to YouTube. YouTube has its help center, so ask for help if you really can’t get the service to work correctly.
No file downloaded?
We only recommend products we believe in. Products that work. But, just so you know, we may earn commission in doing so.
Home › Knowledge Base › YouTube Issues
How to Fix YouTube Loading Slow Issue – 2023 Tips
YouTube buffering problem can be caused by these issues: overload server, internet/router issues, browser cache, ip address range. If you’re having YouTube running slow issues, don’t panic. You can use methods in this post to fix the problem.
Try these methods
You may not need to try them all; simply work your way down the list until you find the one that helps fix your issue.
- Change the URL
- Choose a lower quality settings
- Clear cache
- Block two IP address ranges
Method 1: Change the URL
This is a trick to fix the problem. We have no idea why it works. But it works for some Windows users who were experiencing the same issue like you. Why not have a try?
Just two simple steps:
1. Open the YouTube video that you want to watch
2. Replace www in the url with ca.
For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCEwKBKt3h4&t=94s to https://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lCEwKBKt3h4&t=94s
Method 2: Use a VPN
VPN can boost the speed. There are many paid VPN and free VPN. If you don’t have a budget to purchase a VPN, find a free one online. But the paid VPN is recommended to better protect your privacy.
If you’re not sure how to choose a right VPN, I recommend using NordVPN (You can get NordVPN coupons and promo codes to get a discount). NordVPN is a well-known VPN around the world. If you purchase it right now, you can get 75% off.
Hopefully you can resolve YouTube running slow issues with the tips above. If you have any questions, feel free to leave your comment below.
Method 3: Choose a lower quality settings
Even though Google is trying their best to reduce loading time, server error still happens sometimes due to heavy traffic. You cannot improve the traffic, but you can choose to watch the video at a lower quality level.
Follow steps below to choose a lower quality settings.
1. Open the YouTube video. 2. Click the Settings gear icon at the right bottom corner.
3. Click Quality .
4. Choose a lower quality than the one you’re currently using. Try all lower quality one by one until the problem resolves. After that, if the problem persists, try next method.
Method 4: Clear cache
It’s good to clear the cache often. When you load the first time, the browser caches everything in order to load faster next time. This will make browser store too much temporary data, which can be the cause of YouTube running slow. If you’ve cached the data, skip this method. If not, clear the cache and see if it works.
The steps to clear cache depend on the browser you’re using. Following we’ll show you how to clear cache in Google Chrome. If you’re not using Chrome and have no idea how to clear the cache, search online for the detailed steps.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click More icon . In the drop-down menu, click More tools then click Clear browsing data… in the pop-up menu.
3. Click the Checkboxes for Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data . Then click CLEAR BROWSER DATA button.
Method 5: Block two IP address ranges
Usually, you watch the video from CDN (Content Delivery Network) but not directly from YouTube. In this case, ISPs (Internet Service Providers) will throttle the connection speed from you to these CDNs. This will lead to YouTube videos load slowly. Blocking two IP address ranges for these CDNs (126.96.36.199/24 and 188.8.131.52/16) can solve the problem. Follow steps below:
1. Open Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Enter the following command:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”YouTubeTweak” dir=in action=block remoteip=184.108.40.206/24,220.127.116.11/16 enable=yes
3. Press Enter key on your keyboard. Then the rule will be added.
4. Close Command Prompt.
If you wan to remove the rule, run Command Prompt as administrator again and type the this command: netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name=”YouTubeTweak”
Hopefully you can fix the YouYube running slow issue with the methods above. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave your comments below.
*featured image created by storyset – www.freepik.com
Available in other languages
How to fix youtube green screen issues, [solved] youtube not working on chrome, how to fix youtube videos not playing – 2023, freely unblock youtube at your school, how to fix youtube videos black screen [easily].
Camilla, a certified MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), has almost four years technical writing experience. Before working as a technical writer for Driver Easy, she was a technical support agent, helping people to solve their computer problems. She enjoys providing solutions to computer problems and loves exploring new technologies.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)